5.25.2009

Matt & Lexy

Poly Mendes asked me to assist her with a wedding this week. I shot almost 1,000 images - a photographer's heaven!

Truth be told, I was learning how my new lens works (70 - 200 mm), so I was unhappy with many of the photos, BUT there are a lot of good photos, too. That's the way it goes—every photographer keeps making mistakes, but the blunders help you learn how to take great images.

I'm finding out how important it is to choose the correct aperture. Sometimes you want parts of the photo blurry and sometimes not (like in group photos when you want everyone in focus). That's what I need to work on!

Shutter speed is also very important. It has to be fast enough so your images aren't blurry. I'm still trying to get that down, too.

Getting those two correct is my challenge!! I like a good challenge, though...wish me luck!
By the way, you have to check out Poly's images. She is incredibly gifted with capturing unique compositions. www.polymendesphoto.com And she's fun to be around!

I'll be sharing more photos from this wedding, so stay tuned.