1.21.2011

Macro with a Portrait Lens {Eagan Photographer}

My challenge this week was to take a decent macro shot. I haven't had a lot of time, so will show you just one subject, but photographed three slightly different ways.

Click on any image to make it larger.




I used my portrait lens and manually focused on the plastic beads that dangle from this little lamp.

ISO 1000
Shutter 1/200 (even though I have image stabilization in the lens, I like a shutter speed of 1/200 because I find it difficult to hold my heavy lens steady)
Aperture 4.5
Auto White Balance (the lights were fluorescent)
160 to 200 mm
I removed slight "noise" in Lightroom

The background was about 10 feet away, and not lit.

Two more days and macro week will be over. If you have a macro photo you'd like to enter in my contest, post it on my Facebook page by midnight, Jan 23.  :-)

No comments: